Dear Viewer,

Please Leave comments. I still read them. I promise. :)
-Steve (2/07/2012)

Moving On...

Update: I got a Pro Flickr account with the money I made from Prom Portraits, and so I'm planning to post a lot to there for now as I figure out the details for my official photography site.

Portfolio's up! But I use flickr mostly now...

So without further delay, here are my two shiney new URL's:

Official Professional Portfolio:

Flickr Account:

Update Update (Feb 07th 2012): HI! I still check this blog every once in awhile. It's fun to have an archive of my first Project 365 still hanging out on blogspot. Cool.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, my web home base is now stevemoraco.com - Simple enough right?


Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 351: The Great Christmas Tree


This folks, is my household Christmas tree. I really like it. We've had the same one for about 14 or 15 years now... but it still works great! (It's fake... in case you hadn't caught on yet.) Anyway pictures of it tend to turn out very trippy, so I tried to take this one and edit it to be a little more normal, but it ended up looking very HDR-esque I think. Which get's me thinking, I should really try my hand at some HDR photography before the year is over... don't you think? There was of course a little extra intentional photoshopping done to kind of make it look more glowy and stand out better.

4 comments:

Madeleine Wilbur said...

has a really neat glowy feel. long exposure? and what editing exactly did you do?

Steve Moraco said...

It was a long exposure... about 20 seconds I think. I edited it by lowering the red levels so all the colors popped more, and then selecting just the tree itself and putting it on it's own layer and darkening it's background.

Anonymous said...

Again, I like the close-up on this one - you can make out the individual ornaments much more clearly - a lot of unique ones, at that. Pretty picture.

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas time. You've taken some awesome holiday pictures. Thanks for sharing so much of who you are. You've got some writing talent showing through in this year of posting and picture taking!

web counter account login
free hit counter account login