Dear Viewer,

Please Leave comments. I still read them. I promise. :)
-Steve (2/07/2012)

Moving On...

Update: I got a Pro Flickr account with the money I made from Prom Portraits, and so I'm planning to post a lot to there for now as I figure out the details for my official photography site.

Portfolio's up! But I use flickr mostly now...

So without further delay, here are my two shiney new URL's:

Official Professional Portfolio:

Flickr Account:

Update Update (Feb 07th 2012): HI! I still check this blog every once in awhile. It's fun to have an archive of my first Project 365 still hanging out on blogspot. Cool.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, my web home base is now stevemoraco.com - Simple enough right?


Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 353: Lost in the Woods


...with only 3 strobes, a camera, and a tripod. What did Survivor Steve do? He took pictures.

So this was taken in my back yard yesterday. I'm not particularly sure where I got it, other than that it takes advantage of the grand total of all 3 of my new strobes. I was going for a little more mysterious feel, but it turned out you can pretty well tell the setting of the picture. Alas, some ideas just don't quite turn out. It was still fun to take the picture, other than the cold. I placed one flash directly behind me, and two just out of frame and also behind-ish me on camera left and right. The editing basically just included desaturating it and a little levels editing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the effects you can achieve with your new gadgets. I think the "mysterious" feel you were going for - was achieved!

Madeleine Wilbur said...

wow i wish i had the ability to do the lighting effects you do. turned out really neat.

Steve Moraco said...

Yup! It's quite fun. Of course, if you really want to come over some time and try out your camera with the cool lights, maybe we can set that up! haha.

web counter account login
free hit counter account login