Dear Viewer,

Please Leave comments. I still read them. I promise. :)
-Steve (2/07/2012)

Moving On...

Update: I got a Pro Flickr account with the money I made from Prom Portraits, and so I'm planning to post a lot to there for now as I figure out the details for my official photography site.

Portfolio's up! But I use flickr mostly now...

So without further delay, here are my two shiney new URL's:

Official Professional Portfolio:

Flickr Account:

Update Update (Feb 07th 2012): HI! I still check this blog every once in awhile. It's fun to have an archive of my first Project 365 still hanging out on blogspot. Cool.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, my web home base is now stevemoraco.com - Simple enough right?


Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 354: Fire City Redux


I have been playing around with HDR photography of late, as you may have noticed with Day 351. Anyway, my goal for tonight was to go out on the big ol' rock behind my house and get a nice post-sunset picture (or set of pictures) of the city to try to stitch together into and HDR. It didn't work out because it was far too windy, but what I did get were some awesome firey pictures of the fast-moving clouds. This was taken up near ISO 800, and about a 30 second exposure. It really contrasts with Day 338 because tonight was an almost-no-moon type of night. The only lighting here is city lights and the stars. Oh, and I forgot to mention, this image is straight from the camera, literally. No editing, cropping, or anything whatsoever was done to it except resizing it before posting :)

Update: Just to clarify I guess, THIS is not the HDR picture. It was an attempt at it, but it didn't work out because images wouldnt align and I couldn't get the correct exposures needed on such a dark night. All is ok though, I eventually did succeed, with this picture.

5 comments:

Madeleine Wilbur said...

to be horribly technical. that's not technically hdr. but w/e. it's still cool :)

Steve Moraco said...

Um. I said this isn't the HDR one. I said I tried and I failed with this set, so I just used an unedited picture. I suppose it was just misunderstanding.

Madeleine Wilbur said...

lol. sorry i misread it. it is really cool though. :) can't believe its unedited. what were the settings?

Steve Moraco said...

Tis ok. And the settings are in the post.

Anonymous said...

Another top-of-your-rock fantastic shot! And it is hard to believe this is a "no moon" night. I do love those city lights. Beautiful.

web counter account login
free hit counter account login