Dear Viewer,

Please Leave comments. I still read them. I promise. :)
-Steve (2/07/2012)

Moving On...

Update: I got a Pro Flickr account with the money I made from Prom Portraits, and so I'm planning to post a lot to there for now as I figure out the details for my official photography site.

Portfolio's up! But I use flickr mostly now...

So without further delay, here are my two shiney new URL's:

Official Professional Portfolio:

Flickr Account:

Update Update (Feb 07th 2012): HI! I still check this blog every once in awhile. It's fun to have an archive of my first Project 365 still hanging out on blogspot. Cool.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, my web home base is now stevemoraco.com - Simple enough right?


Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 359: Winter House


This is one of my coolest HDRs yet in my humble opinion. I really darkened it a bit and made sure to bring out the vague details in post-processing. I'll admit it may still look a little fakey just because I'm having fun going over the top with my new HDR software and editing, but the more I look at it the more I see it really does look more similar to what the eye sees than a normal picture. The details you can pick out in the shadows and highlights are just amazing. The little dots at the top of the photo make me wonder if I should clean my sensor or if that's just an effect of the HDR noise process + snow. I guess time will tell. I don't think my sensor is that dirty :P

Anyway, this is our house. The good 'ol 310. It's a very odd shaped double-octagonal house, but we all love it even if it is hard to furnish because of the odd room shapes and angles :P I'm sure my parents could tell you lots about that. Anyway, I love how my houses portrait of sorts turned out. It shows all the fine detail, including our newly stained deck and newly painted garage doors :) I've lived in this house as long as I can remember, and to me this says "Home" as much as anything. I think this is a great start to the very LAST week of my project 365. Hang in there boys and girls! Only 7 days left! Next Sunday is Day 365!

3 comments:

Madeleine Wilbur said...

oh wow! that is sooooooooo amazing. I just love hdr photography. Its probably my favorite type. And this is my favorite hdr of yours so far. The detail in the snow is my favorite. Man i really need some hdr software.

Anonymous said...

That HDR effect is pretty awesome. The rustic is emphasized. Snow piling up after a wintry dusting. This reminds me truly of a Winter home/cabin tucked away somewhere in the mountains. The up-close view really shows the individual snowflakes. Cool!

Anonymous said...

i want your house.

web counter account login
free hit counter account login