Dear Viewer,

Please Leave comments. I still read them. I promise. :)
-Steve (2/07/2012)

Moving On...

Update: I got a Pro Flickr account with the money I made from Prom Portraits, and so I'm planning to post a lot to there for now as I figure out the details for my official photography site.

Portfolio's up! But I use flickr mostly now...

So without further delay, here are my two shiney new URL's:

Official Professional Portfolio:

Flickr Account:

Update Update (Feb 07th 2012): HI! I still check this blog every once in awhile. It's fun to have an archive of my first Project 365 still hanging out on blogspot. Cool.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, my web home base is now stevemoraco.com - Simple enough right?


Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 365: Almost Done


Yes, that's purposefully the same title as Day 1 :)
Make sure to check out the full view, I uploaded this one a little bit bigger than the others so you can all see it better.

Here we are, Day 365. Some of you didn't think I'd ever make it, and I know I certainly didn't. There were times when I got a little too far behind for my own good, but all in all I made it through, one picture and one description for each day of my life for the last three hundred sixty five days. I't been pretty great, but I'll leave the details and other special remarks for tomorrow's bonus post, because you see, 2008 was a leap year :)

I had always wanted to think I had my last day planned out, that it was going to be the best and most astounding picture anyone had ever seen, but frankly I just can't plan that far ahead nor handle that kind of pressure, so when it came down to it my Day 365 was defined by the fact that I was down near GoG visiting Dad (still healing from surgery on the knee) and decided (with the aid of some parental encouraging, they give me so many of my ideas, thanks guys!) that my Day 365 would be an HDR of Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak. I wanted to take that characteristic Colorado Springs picture and make it something more with HDR. It turns out that I just happened to get there and be able to get my picture as one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen played out overhead. I love how things just come together sometimes, and this was one of those moments. I have no one to thank for the excellent picture taking conditions than God, I guess he's even watching over my blog :)

Shortly after this was taken I headed over to Maddie's (her new 365 blog: link)place... We hung out and took pictures downtown before our usual friend-filled Saturday night skating extravaganza. I got quite a few good HDRs downtown, so I'll def. post those as time allows this week. Update: They're posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Steve, this is so gorgeous. I clicked on the "enlarge" and scrolled that incredible enlarged picture; it is more beautiful than the post, if that is possible. And sometimes fate has a way of putting us at the right place, the right time. Appreciated your description of what put you there on this particular day. Your narrations are the best.

Madeleine Wilbur said...

Fate didn't have anything to do with it. It was totally God. lol :) Amazing picture, and an amazing project. Wow, what a standard to live up to for my own measly attempt at a 365 blog. You must be so proud of how hard you've worked this year. And all your friends are proud of you too. I can't even begin to imagine how i'm going to get through this year. I'm already behind lol - 12 days in! Anyway, as always you're an inspiration. And you seriously have to find a new place to post. You should do some more dpchallenge stuff. It'll keep you busy and thinking. Keep up your amazing photography skills!

web counter account login
free hit counter account login